Saturday, February 25, 2012

365 Day Challenge: February

Round about the beginning of February I was doing my daily sketch when I discovered a really, really incredibly ghastly thing. . . . there was only ONE blank page left in my sketchbook!!! . . . . . No, seriously, this is a really bad thing for an artist, it's like looking in the fridge and realizing you don't have any food. (Okay, so maybe that example is a bit extreme)
So, being in such dire circumstances I went into complete and utter panic mode. What was I going to do?! This was a serious issue, we live hours away from any art store and, I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a paper snob. (Meaning I'll walk down the sketchbook aisles, ignoring the specifics printed on the covers, instead fingering all the different types of paper, turning up my nose at anything that doesn't pass the touch test, and anything available where I live would only get a disgusted sniff.)
Thankfully I was able to find a small, travel sized sketchbook to use until we made a trek to the nearest Big City, which happened to be a couple days later. Yay!

Image from searching Google Image
Another fun surprise was that the Art Store we went to was having a sale. Buy one, get one Free!
SmileyCentral.com
I do actually use this brand of sketchbook; I'm no expert or anything, but I like the feel of this paper and it suits my needs just fine. (The only thing I don't like so much is that it doesn't seem to erase as cleanly as I would like, but I run into that anyway so I think it might be pressure issues.)
I was so happy!
SmileyCentral.com

No doubt another stack will have to be purchased before the end of the year, but until then I have acquired enough blank paper to last me a couple months. . . .now, if I can just keep up with ideas. . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment