Monday, March 11, 2013

YouTube and Tutorials

Recently I wandered onto YouTube in an effort to find some tutorials on acrylic painting. The decision to expand my exploration of painting this year, in addition to my pencil sketches, has been interesting, sometimes amusing, and incredibly fun!
A Special Project was started last week, and is turning out quite nicely so far, but it strikes me as being a simply good base for the painting . . . which meant I needed to figure out some kind of technique to take it to the next level. (Because seriously, I have no idea what I'm doing.)
This is where YouTube comes in.

Generally I stay away from tutorials, they usually make me feel horribly insecure and depressed, probably not what the person wanted when they created the helpful video, but then again, they've never met me:)
This time, while I did start getting a little bit depressed, I kept telling myself it was because they'd been doing it so long and I was just starting out, so it would be okay and I could learn some things.
So, when I ran across this video I was incredibly fascinated! There is no way it is as easy as it looks, (unless you've been doing it over and over and over, which I'm sure this person has) but I really want to try it at some point and wanted to share it with you all.
This painter is amazing and the techniques used are so incredibly neat!
                                                                                                                            Sharpi

No comments:

Post a Comment